Sunday, March 4, 2012
The Mighty Ten - Part One
Today, I thought I’d share my list with you! So without further ado, the top ten writing books that have a permanent place on this author’s bookshelf.
1) The Idiot’s Guide to Writing Christian Fiction - Ron Benrey
2) The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing - by the editors of Writers Digest
3) Self-Editing For Fiction Writers: How To Edit Yourself Into Print – Renni Brown and Dave King
4) Deep and Wide: Advanced Fiction Techniques for taking your Characters deeper and your Plots wider: Susan May Warren
5) Kiss and Tell: Secrets to Writing A Great Romance – Susan May Warren
6) Writing the Breakout Novel – Donald Maass
7) Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook – Donald Maass
8) On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft – Stephen King
9) Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life – Anne Lamott
10) Plot and Structure: Techniques And Exercises For Crafting A Plot That Grips Readers From Start To Finish – James Scott Bell
Tune in next week for part two of the mighty ten, my top ten favorite blogs and websites for writers!
Posted by Amanda at 5:55 PM