Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Prequel We’ve All Been Waiting For!


Anyone who’s read even one of Julie Lessman’s novels knows that the characters instantly become like family. Especially Marcy and Patrick, the mother and father with a wonderful marriage, despite its many up’s and down’s.
But we’ve never gotten to read their love story. Until now.





Thankfully, Julie Lessman has penned a tale worth the wait. While not as lengthy as her previous novels, A Light in the Window is full of all the elements we’ve come to know and love about Julie’s books. A sigh worthy romance with a sweet and likable heroine, and a roguish but redeemable hero. Plus, some great dialog and romantic tension between the two resulting in some very swoon-worthy kisses. J Lastly, loveable secondary characters that will make you smile and stay in your heart long after you’ve turned the last page.

With a bit of family drama, a sprinkle of humor, and a hefty dose of romance, A Light in the Window has all the elements required for my favorite kind of story. I could go on and on but I don’t want to spoil anything, so I’ll just let you dive into the pages yourself. You won’t be disappointed!

One Woman. Two Men.
One stirs her pulse and the other her faith.
But who will win her heart?

Marceline Murphy is a gentle beauty with a well-founded aversion to rogues. But when two of Boston's most notorious pursue her, she encounters a tug-of-war of the heart she isn’t expecting. Sam O’Rourke is the childhood hero she’s pined for, the brother of her best friend and a member of the large, boisterous family to which she longs to be a part. So when his best friend Patrick O’Connor joins in pursuit of her affections, the choice seems all too clear. Sam is from a family of faith and Patrick is not, two rogues whose wild ways clash head-on with Marcy’s—both in her faith and in her heart.

While overseeing the Christmas play fundraiser for the St. Mary’s parish soup kitchen—A Light in the Window—Marcy not only wrestles with her attraction to both men, but with her concern for their spiritual welfare. The play is based on the Irish custom of placing a candle in the window on Christmas Eve to welcome the Holy Family, and for Marcy, its message becomes deeply personal. Her grandmother Mima cautions her to guard her heart for the type of man who will respond to the "light in the window," meaning the message of Christ in her heart. But when disaster strikes during the play, Marcy is destined to discover the truth of the play’s message first-hand when it becomes clear that although two men have professed their undying love, only one has truly responded to “the light in the window.”


RELEASING SOON! PLUS CONTESTS! .......             
If that whets your appetite you won't want to miss reading this awesome book which releases on November 9th. You can reserve your copy through Amazon today.

Want a free Kindle Fire? Julie is running some cool contests along with the release of this book. Check them out here:   http://www.julielessman.com/contest/    
 
 
 
 
READ A COPY OF ONE OF JULIE'S BOOKS NOW--FOR FREE! 
 GIVEAWAY! I’m giving away a copy of A Hope Undaunted, one of my favorite Julie Lessman novels. Leave a comment and your email address to be entered into the drawing which ends October 31st. This would make a great read or even a present for that special someone for Christmas!

 

LASTLY......
Wow! Things are really happening this week on the blog. First Laurie Alice Eakes now Julie Lessman! Don't forget to leave a comment on each of these posts to win one of these great books!

Don't forget to sign up to receive all my posts about writing, historical eras in which I write, and more great interviews and giveaways in the weeks to come.

Happy Writing (and reading),
Amanda

9 comments :

Julie Lessman said...

AMANDA, I LOVE IT!!! WOW, thank you SO much, my friend, for such a wonderful review -- I am BLESSED!! I am entering you in my Kindle contest, okay?

And I am also praying for supernatural favor for your upcoming conference, so you go, girl!!

Hugs,
Julie

Candy Caviness said...

Julie is my FAVORITE author!! I've got all of her books and I can about quote them all! I can't wait to read this next book!!

Lane Hill House said...

Oh, My Goodness, am I glad I found you; smiling!!!
Yes, absolutely, send A Hope Undaunted my way! I have been waiting, patiently, I might add!! Kathleen (we are on Love, Kathleen status now, Miss Julie!)

lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net

Amanda said...

You are SO WELCOME, Julie!!!! I was so blessed that you invited me to take part in your tour!!!

Hi, Cindy! I love quoting Julie’s books too. We go around saying “Sweet saints” all the time. :)

Thanks much for stopping by, Kathleen!! Consider yourself entered in the drawing and hoping your patient waiting pays off!

Anne Payne said...

Julie's books are addicting! I would love the opportunity to win a copy of Marcy and Patrick's story :)

homesteading[at]charter[dot]net

Ladette said...

Love Julie's writings... thanks for having her on your blog and for the giveaway!!

ladettek[at]gmail[dot]com

Carrie Fancett Pagels said...

Thanks for the post, AMANDA! Loved Julie's interview yesterday, live, which was cool hearing her voice again!

Pam K. said...

Julie's books are wonderful! I actually cried a bit near the end of A Love Surrendered. Partly it was because of a touching scene,but partly because it was the end of a fabulous series. It's great to have this prequel now so we aren't quite finished with the O'Connors.

pmk56[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

Candy Caviness said...

Whoops....forgot to post my email--

cavinessemail@gmail.com